Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthday Club Jenny


Birthday Club Jenny, originally uploaded by alington.

My first Takara Jenny has arrived, a 2005 Birthday Club doll. She's a limited edition of 1000 dolls, and I found her on Ebay. Her arms and legs are wire-framed, so she poses a bit like Gumby. I think it will take me a while to figure out how to pose her naturally.

Of course, she's in my collection because she looks like Alice in Wonderland. And yes, she has variegated blue hair. Her face is very anime-looking. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I find it quite cute in real life.

Her outfit is surprisingly detailed--with ribbons and lacing in the front. And her shoes are fun--platforms that lace with ribbon. And she needs a birthday crown. She's about the same size as a Barbie--maybe 10.5" tall or so.

You can see more photos of her on my Flickr account or full-size photos on my Mobile Me gallery. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. she is a very pretty cool Jenny doll.... GREAT CHOICE for your first Takara Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rudi! I love her--I'm sure she won't be my last! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...