Tuesday, September 1, 2009

San Diego's First BJD Convention!

I just read about this event on Den of Angels this morning:
San Diego's First Ball-Jointed Doll Convention
December 5th, 2009
Noon - 5 PM

Mission Bay's Marina Village
Coral Room
1936 Quivira Way
San Diego CA 92109

Here are the advertising details from the flyer:

Oberon's Ball:
The Fairy King Oberon is inviting all BJDs from across the Victorian Steampunk lands from the lords and ladies of fae to the romantic men and women of the new Steam Age to come for tea and cake at his Midwinter Night's celebration.

Tickets are $15 before September 30, $20 before November 30, $25 at the door. Payment via Paypal to brucedabold@yahoo.com. Dealers are Raphael's, Pixiedust Designs, PamSD's Dollovely, and more. They will have a photobooth, too, so you can get your BJD photographed. Plus, several costume contests:
  • Best Steampunk
  • Best Fairy
  • Best Owner/Doll Combo
Are you going? If you are, say hi to me! I'm going to try to go as well. Also, I'll try to drag my friend Jen with me as well. (Do you hear me, Jen? I'm going to try to talk her into making a costume for Sky as well.) Tee, hee, hee!

2 comments:

  1. just read this now - didn't realize there's a contest involved! i'm all over that!
    hey, we could enter you and sky for the "doll/owner combo"...?

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...