Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sky, body blushed.


Sky, originally uploaded by alington.
Now, with her seams sanded and her body blushed, she's truly become a heart throb. This is Sky, my SD-sized (58cm or 23") Peak's Woods resin girl. I confess, I long to upgrade her lashes to something longer and more glam.

You can check out her entire photo shoot on Flickr. I did take some nude shots (under the moderate safety filter, since they show her breasts), but they are tastefully done.

I used five shades of chalk pastels for her body blushing:
  • white
  • light tan
  • peach
  • fuchsia
  • chocolate burgundy
I chose them based on her face-up shades. I chose to use very subtle shading techniques, and blended them well. I may go back over her body again later, but this layer has been sealed with Mr. Superclear UV Cut, which I purchased from Junkyspot.

When you do your first blushing, be sure you have a large round brush on hand, and a small angled brush, too. Magic Eraser also helps, and a few Q-tips, too.

Just another quick plug for the Junkyspot--they are in California, and got my order to me UPS ground within three days, even just before Christmas. Fantastic service--included a tracking number and everything. I'll have to order again soon, because I see they have a tiny Bobobie I need. And some eyelashes. And more Mr. Superclear. (Now I'll have to do every doll, dang it. I think Goldie is next!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...