Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Narrowing your collection...


Simply Alice, originally uploaded by alington.
Once or twice a year, I go through my collection and get overwhelmed by my dolls. I realize that I, too, have hoarding tendencies and tend to buy on a whim. That's when I realize I have to give up some dolls for adoption and refocus my collection.

Refocusing my collection is usually the easy part. Right now, I have five lines in my collection:
  • Historical dolls
  • Peak's Woods BJDs (and similar looking dolls)
  • Steffie sculpt Barbies
  • 1980s Barbies from my childhood
  • A few coveted vintage Barbies
I still like Alice in Wonderland, but that line is winding down. And it also leaves me with a few dolls that don't fit in anywhere. I need to decide what to do with them.

I've listed a few items on the Dollpage this week already. Another option is to redress a few of the dolls that don't fit in historical fashions. But I have a few BJDs who just won't fit in historically, including Jolly Plus Jise.

I've toyed with the idea of putting Simply Alice up for adoption, too, but I can't decide. She is adorable, but she just doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards keeping her for now. I just like her face too much. Usually a photo shoot is enough to sway me one way or the other. Plus, she can do historical pretty well, too, crabby little thing.

1 comment:

  1. Narrowing down a collection is a difficult task. Not least because I always feel guilty afterwards!

    Ariss

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...