Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Barbies from 2012

Walking Suit Barbie BRFC
Angelic Dreamz has posted new 2012 Barbies that are now available for pre-order at their website.

There are two new additions to the Twilight collection: Breaking Dawn Part I Edward and Bella, who retail for $34.99 per doll, both finely dressed in wedding attire. Bella has a particularly lovely facial screening, I think. These dolls are due in the spring of this year.

Ken has a new eco-conscious car, a MINI Cooper, which is available and in stock now for a price of $39.99. While no dolls are included with this set, it's high time Ken quits mooching off his girlfriend and gets his own wheels. There's lots of great detailing on this vehicle, including side mirrors that move, MINI logos on the hood and hubcaps, and a Ken vanity plate.

Two have particularly caught my eye, even though I don't collect Silkstones anymore (I don't, I don't, I don't--and telling myself this isn't working, LOL!).

Walking Suit Barbie, shoe above, is a fun tribute to the 1950s, dressed in a slightly oversized printed black and whit houndstooth suit. The tiny upturned collar and oversized chiffon white bow add interested and class to this blond side-glancing girl. She includes a handbag, umbrella, black hat with netting (I'm sure that's what gets me), and hatbox. She's due to ship in March, and retails for $75.
Party Dress Barbie BFCM

Party Dress Barbie also caught my eye. Her brown hair is styled in a gorgeous updo, trimmed with a Tiffany-style tiara. She's dressed in a cream-colored cocktail dress with gold and lace overlay and turquoise satin bow trim, along with a matching bolero, gloves, and shoes. Her rhinestone and pearl earrings give her just a touch of elegance, without being overdone. She is also due to ship in March, with a retail price of $100.

Photos are property of Angelic Dreamz and used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...