Monday, July 29, 2013

New IT releases - better late than never - The Stingers!



So, what have I been doing this whole time? Other than trying to break my foot and traveling, not much, it seems.

I missed an Integrity Toys release for you all, and I apologize.

This time, even more Jem and the Holograms have been released--The Stingers--three more dolls to this line. Apparently, these dolls must be selling very well. While I don't personally collect this line--I grew up in Germany, and must have missed the original Hasbro collection and TV show--this release of is pretty cool.

Rory Riot Llewelyn, Ingrid Minx Kruger and Phoebe Rapture Ashe make up the band The Stingers. All are blonde with big hair--especially Riot, with his huge Whitesnake-look alike do. Their outfits are pretty cool, and again, gorgeous mini instruments, I have to admit, especially a neat keyboard for Minx. Retail is $119, with an estimated delivery of September. I don't actually see an edition size for these dolls.

Photo is property of Integrity Toys.

1 comment:

  1. OMG OMG OMG

    I was a fan of the Truly Outrageous Jem, but more so of the Misfits and the Stingers.
    This was the one line of dolls that was never produced, btw. The Stingers were introduced late in the show's run, and Hasbro quit producing Jem dolls before they were able to develop the Stinger dolls.

    It made me sad.
    I was a little bit older than the demographic targeted for these dolls, so I was collecting them in middle school and high school. I didn't care that I was "too old" and it might have been the first time I felt proud to be an older collector.

    Clearly, I am going to have to hunt down these Stingers and add them to my collection. I only wish that they were released with the recorded music, like the original dolls were. A USB stick with an MP3 would be an appropriate update, or even a CD.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...